June 24 @ 9.30am to 12.30pm ACST / 10.00am to 1.00pm AEST / 8.00am to 11.00am AWST
Nurses, Coordinators, Team Leaders and Managers in Residential Care and Home Care Services
|PRESENTER:||Donny Rates from Preventing Harm Initiative|
This workshop will simplify and guide you through what you need to know, consider, do and document, to be competent in incident management in an aged care environment.
- Managing incidents to comply with the Aged Care Quality Standards
- Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS) for Residential Aged Care to know what and when to report.
- Overview of the coronial process to know what to expect and report to the Coroner.
- Recommended content of incident reports to ensure documentation is defensible and reasonable care is evidenced
- Best practice in incident investigation to prevent reoccurrence and enable open disclosure
- Incident investigation documentation to demonstrate effective risk management
- Case study practice to improve skills
Take away practical strategies:
- Improve your incident reporting and investigation documentation
- Achieve compliance with mandatory/compulsory reporting requirements
- Improve outcomes for clients, staff and services
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to email@example.com.