Thursday 25 May
1.00pm to 2.00pm SA, NT | 1.30pm to 2.30pm VIC, NSW, ACT, TAS, QLD | 11.30am to 12.30pm WA
Managers, People and Culture/Learning Development Staff in Aged or Disability services
Preventing Harm Initiative
|LOCATION:||Online – Zoom|
Combining the convenience of self-paced e-Learning with Live Online Training via Zoom.
How successful are your buddy shifts? Do they set staff up to succeed?
This course will guide organisations to set up a program to use buddy shifts to successfully orientate care and support staff, improve the experience of the people they support, and retain staff.
Part 1: e-Learning
Self-paced online module (approx 30 minutes)
- Understand the role and responsibility of staff who are buddies, including their scope of practice and role boundaries
- Be aware of health and safety risks and understand the importance of policies and procedures
- Orientate the new staff member to use a person’s care and support plan and documentation requirements
- Providing support, preparing for, and completing a buddy shift
Part 2: Instructor Led Training via Zoom
Pre-requisite: Complete Part 1 e-Learning
- Learn a step-by-step process for selecting and preparing staff to be buddies
- Gaining consent from people receiving services
- See how a buddy program can support and provide evidence of Quality Standard compliance
- Be able to evaluate buddy shifts to support continuous improvement
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.