June 21 @ 9.30am to 11.30am ACST / 10.00am to 12.00pm AEST / 8.00am to 10.00am AWST
|AUDIENCE:||Staff who ‘Buddy’ new staff in community or residential aged care support, experienced staff who could have a role in influencing new or junior staff and training coordinators / learning team|
|PRESENTER:||Donny Raets – Training Consultant with Preventing Harm Initiative|
CONDUCT EFFECTIVE AND HELPFUL INTRODUCTORY SHIFTS FOR NEW STAFF
This workshop will support staff to provide an excellent induction to new staff members, improve the client experience and meet the Aged Care Quality Standards.
- Introduction to the aged care standards to understand how this applies to care staff role
- Know key policies, procedures and documentation requirements to guide new staff to meet organisational expectation
- Understand scope of practice and role boundaries to protect staff, clients and the organisation
- Recommended step by step process for preparing and conducting buddy shifts
- Building rapport to improve the client experience
- Maintaining privacy and confidentiality to prevent complaints
- Reporting to supervisors to enable the safe delivery of client care
- Problem solving common scenarios
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to email@example.com.