Online Live Training – Wednesday 29 November
10.00am to 12.00pm SA | 10.30am to 12.30pm VIC, NSW, ACT, TAS | 7.30am to 9.30am WA | 9.00am to 11.00am NT | 9.30am to 11.30am QLD
E-Learning – Self-Paced (approx 30-minutes) – this must be completed by 29 November
|AUDIENCE:||Staff who write Care and Support Plans in Aged Care and Disability Services|
|PRESENTER:||Preventing Harm Initiative|
|LOCATION:||Self-paced e-Learning with live online training via Zoom|
This workshop will show how to write a clear and concise care plan that guides risk management, makes care easier and results in more compliments and less complaints.
How it works:
Approx 1-week prior to the live training date you will receive the eLearning invite. At the completion of the eLearning module, you will receive a certificate for Part 1, the handout required for Part 2, and the Zoom link to join the live workshop.
Part 1 – eLearning (approx 1-hour)
Laying the Foundations
This section lays the foundation for the live training that follows. Be sure to watch the short videos and answer the related quizzes. It is designed to assist your learning and you will need to achieve 100% to successfully move to the live training.
Completion of this module is to ensure attendees have knowledge on: –
- Best practice criteria for care and support plans to ensure they are person-centred, useful to staff and understandable to the person receiving services
- Requirements of the Aged Care Quality Standards for assessment, care planning and review to achieve compliance and quality outcomes
- Responsibilities of nursing and care staff in developing, reviewing and using care and support plans
- Considerations to think about to ensure process is culturally safe and supports people with impaired decision making
- The role of risk and assessment screening to identify the need for further assessments, complex care plans, referrals and service appropriateness
- How to complete a care and support plan that is person-centred, individualised, support choice and reduces risks
- How to complete a care and support plan review to ensure the plan is effective, meets needs and minimises the risk of complaints
When you have completed the eLearning download your certificate plus the handout and zoom link for the Live Online Training via Zoom.
Part 2 – Live Online Training (2-hours)
Using the Skills
This interactive workshop will help transform the knowledge gained from Part 1 into useable skills.
Translate knowledge into practice, receive feedback, build and consolidate skills.
- Refreshing the key points to achieve best practice in care and support planning
- Case study practice of risk and assessment screening to improve efficiency and the identification of risk
- Case study practice of care and support planning to turn knowledge into practice
- Facilitated case study example of a care plan review to practice clinical decision-making
To register online, please click the link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org