November 16 @ 9.30am to 12.30pm SA / 10.00am to 1.00pm AEST / 8.30am to 11.30am NT / 9.00am to 11.00am QLD / 7.00am to 11.00am AWST
|PRESENTER:||Donny Raets from Preventing Harm Initiative|
This workshop will guide you to successfully support consumers to live the life they choose, to take risks and confidently meet your duty of care as a service provider and meet accreditation standards.
- Aged Care Quality Standard 1: Consumer dignity and choice and how this links to Human Rights
- Choice – what it means and its benefits
- Dignity of risk and duty of care in practice
- Documenting choices – achieving legally defensible informed decision making
- Supported decision making for consumers with cognitive impairment and the role of nominated representatives
- Restricting choices – using the 3 ‘L’s to ensure legal requirements are met
Take away practical strategies to:
- Support consumer choice in real life scenarios
- Document informed decision making and choices
- Confidently meet your duty of care and achieve the best outcomes for consumers, your organisation and yourself
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.