November 25 @ 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
|PRESENTER:||Michele Moreau from Preventing Harm Initiative|
|LOCATION:||ACIA Training Room – Corner of North Street and Avenue Road|
This training will prepare you to successfully meet Aged Care Quality Standard 1: Consumer Dignity and Choice.
We will talk about supporting consumers to live the life they choose, to take risks, whilst meeting our duty of care.
This training covers:
- Aged Care Quality Standard 1: Consumer Dignity and Choice and how this links to all standards
- Dignity of risk and duty of care
- How to achieve legally defensible informed decision making and the boundaries to stay within, when supporting choice
- Supported decision making for consumers with cognitive impairment and the role of nominated representatives
- Documenting choices
Take away practical strategies to:
- Support consumer choice in real life scenarios
- Document informed decision making, choices and review criteria
Please Note – morning tea is provided
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.