February 3 @ 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
|AUDIENCE:||Nurses, Allied Health, Care Workers and Assistants in Nursing|
|PRESENTER:||Donny Raets from Preventing Harm Initiative|
|LOCATION:||ACIA Training Room – Corner of North Street and Avenue Road|
What happens if your care is questioned?
Can your progress notes provide evidence of your duty of care?
Or is it absent, irrelevant or incomplete?
This interactive workshop will introduce you to defensible documentation and give you the skills to ensure your documentation always protects you.
- Legal requirements of progress note documentation
- Right language and words to communicate factual information respectfully
- Tips for simplifying documentation and ensuring it’s relevant and reader friendly
- Duty of care – What it means and how to evidence it
- The recommended format for documenting care and support, risks, incidents, complaints and informed risk taking
- The 2 ‘C’s of consent to defensibly document choice
- Practice writing defensible notes
Take away practical strategies to
- Improve and simplify your documentation
- Professionally document with confident
- Achieve the best outcomes for consumers, your organisation and yourself
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to email@example.com.