June 22 @ 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
|AUDIENCE:||Nurses, Allied Health, Care Workers and Assistants in Nursing|
|PRESENTER:||Donny Rates from Preventing Harm Initiative|
- What happens if your care is questioned?
- Can your progress notes provide evidence of your duty of care?
- Or is it absent, irrelevant or incomplete?
This interactive workshop will introduce you to defensible documentation and give you the skills to ensure your documentation always protects you.
- Legal requirements of progress note documentation
- Right language and words to communicate factual information respectfully
- Tips for simplifying documentation and ensuring it’s relevant and reader friendly
- Duty of care – What it means and how to evidence it
- The recommended format for documenting care and support, risks, incidents, complaints and informed risk taking
- The 2 ‘C’s of consent to defensibly document choice
- Practice writing defensible notes
Take away practical strategies to
- Improve and simplify your documentation
- Professionally document with confident
- Achieve the best outcomes for consumers, your organisation and yourself
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.