September 10 @ 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
|AUDIENCE:||Nurses, Allied Health, Care Workers and Assistants in Nursing|
|PRESENTER:||Michele Moreau from Preventing Harm Initiative|
|LOCATION:||ELKIRA COURT MOTEL (Conference Room) – 65 Bath Street, Alice Springs|
What happens if your care is questioned?
Can your progress note documentation provide evidence that you did the right thing, at the right time? Or is is absent, irrelevant or incomplete? Documentation matters and complaints and incidents are real. This course will introuduce you to defensible documentation and it will change the way you write.
This training covers:
- Overview defensible documentation
- The 3 rules
- Strategies to make documentation easier
- Duty of care and how to document relevant information, incidents, risks, change and “refusal of care”
- Examples and practice
This training is:
- Compliant with legal requirements
- Provides examples of complaint, incident and coronial investigations to illustrate the documentation required when care is questioned
Please Note – morning tea is provided
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax 8338 6511.