Tuesday 8 November
1.00pm to 4.00pm SA | 1.30pm to 4.30pm VIC, NSW, ACT, TAS | 10.30am to 1.30pm WA | 12.00pm to 3.00pm NT | 12.30pm to 3.30pm QLD
Coordinators and Managers, Quality and Risk Management staff, Staff responsible for supporting consumer choice and dignity of risk
|PRESENTER:||Preventing Harm Initiative|
|LOCATION:||Online – Zoom|
Are you unsure how to balance client’s dignity of risk with your duty of care?
This is the essential workshop to give you the confidence to support clients to take risks and live the life they choose, whilst meeting your duty of care as an aged care or disability service provider.
Learn how to support informed decision making and document client choice in a way that is legally defensible and complies with NDIS and Aged Care Quality Standards.
- Overview of Human Rights and provider obligations in relation to client choice and dignity of risk
- Choice – what it means and its benefits
- Balancing duty of care and dignity of risk in supporting client choice
- Documenting choices to provide evidence of legally defensible informed decision making
- Restricting choices – using the 3 L’s to ensure legal requirements are met
Take away practical strategies:
- Support client choice and dignity of risk in real life scenarios
- Document informed decision making and choices
- Confidently meet your duty of care and achieve the best outcomes for clients, your organisation and yourself
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.