October 25 @ 1pm to 4pm SA / 1.30pm to 4.30pm VIC, NSW, ACT, TAS / 12pm to 3pm NT / 12.30pm to 3.30pm QLD / 10.30am to 1.30pm WA
|AUDIENCE:||Nurses, Care Workers and Allied Health Workers|
|PRESENTER:||Donny Raets from Preventing Harm Initiative|
|LOCATION:||Online – Zoom|
How to respond and reduce the likelihood of elder abuse to prevent harm to your clients and organisation.
This workshop will guide you with practical examples of how to respond legally and professionally to unintentional and intentional abuse incidents.
- Identify elder abuse to respond quickly and efficiently
- Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS) reporting and its exclusions to know when, what and how to report
- Find out what happens when you report abuse or are accused of abuse to be prepared
- Learn how to document the identification and management of abuse to provide evidence of professional and compliant care
- Staff strategies for preventing and responding to elder abuse to meet duty of care expectation
Take away practical strategies:
- Clear understanding of elder abuse and its reporting requirements
- Competently document the response and management of elder abuse
- Prevent elder abuse
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to email@example.com,