November 22 @ 1.00pm to 4.00pm SA / 1.30pm to 4.30pm VIC, NSW, ACT, TAS / 12.00pm to 3.00pm NT / 12.30pm to 3.30pm QLD / 10.30am to 1.30pm WA
Nurses, Coordinators, Team Leaders and Managers in Residential Care and Home Care Services
|PRESENTER:||Donny Raets from Preventing Harm Initiative|
|LOCATION:||Online via Zoom|
Learn how to successfully report, respond, investigate and prevent incidents to improve outcomes and meet the Aged Care Quality Standards.
This workshop will simplify and guide you through what you need to know, consider, do, and document, to be competent in incident management in an aged care environment.
- Managing incidents to comply with the Aged Care Quality Standards
- Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS) for Residential Aged Care to know what and when to report.
- Overview of the coronial process to know what to expect and report to the Coroner.
- Recommended content of incident reports to ensure documentation is defensible and reasonable care is evidenced
- Best practice in incident investigation to prevent reoccurrence and enable open disclosure
- Incident investigation documentation to demonstrate effective risk management
- Case study practice to improve skills
Take away practical strategies:
- Improve your incident reporting and investigation documentation
- Achieve compliance with mandatory/compulsory reporting requirements
- Improve outcomes for clients, staff and services
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.