Tuesday 27 June
10.00am to 11.00am SA, NT | 10.30am to 11.30am VIC, NSW, ACT, TAS, QLD | 8.30am to 9.30am WA
Nurses, Care and Support Staff in Aged and Disability services
Preventing Harm Initiative
|LOCATION:||Online – Zoom|
Are you confident in recognising and responding to choking and swallowing risks?
Do you know what is recommended to reduce this risk and what to do when the person you support chooses to not follow safety advice?
This course will step you through what you need to know to manage mealtime safety risks to meet quality standard requirements and improve the mealtime experience of the people that you support.
- Know the sign and symptoms of swallowing and choking risks
- Be aware of quality standard requirements in aged and disability care
- Learn the best practice methods of reducing risks and responding to choking
- Know how to use a mealtime management plan and implement specialist advice
- Gain case study practice of reducing risk and improving the persons mealtime experience
- Know what to do and document if a person chooses to not follow safety advice
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.