Virtual Classroom 1 – 9am to 12.15pm ACST / 9.30am to 12.45pm AEST / 7.30am to 10.45am AWST
Virtual Classroom 2 – 1pm to 4.15pm ACST / 1.30pm to 4.45pm AEST / 11.30am to 2.45pm AWST
Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) staff and volunteers in direct care roles, care workers in residential and community care settings and anyone interested in gaining a First Aid qualification
|PRESENTER:||Australian Red Cross|
|LOCATION:||Combining online theoretical learning before a 3.75hr virtual session|
Develop your basic first aid skills to learn how to respond in any emergency!
This course is a combination of CPR, Basic Emergency Life Support and Provide First Aid
This course follows a blended learning format where participants will complete online theoretical learning (approx 3 hours) before attending the virtual session to be assessed by a trainer against the unit of competency requirements.
This course includes management of casualties‚ the incident, and other first aiders and covers a range of situations, including in the home, workplace or within the community to manage a first aid emergency until medical assistance arrives.
- Learn the skills to save a life in a safe, comfortable and practical environment
- Have the knowledge and confidence to potentially save a life
- On successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
- Units of Competency – HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support and HLTAID011 Provide first aid.
Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
There is a maximum of 12 participants on each of the virtual classrooms to provide opportunities for more individual attention through smaller learning groups.
A manikin kit is used during the virtual session with the trainer to demonstrate CPR.
A manikin kit will be posted to your nominated postal address therefore registrations will close by COB Monday 19 April.
Manikin kit important information:
- Book by COB Monday 19 April to allow for delivery to the postal address chosen at the time of booking
- The course price includes postage and an “Authority to Leave’” is applied. If you do not authorise the manikin to be left in a safe place if you are not home, please contact https://www.redcross.org.au/contact-us to remove the “authority”
- Items will be left in a safe and accessible place, otherwise StarTrack will follow its process for undeliverable items. (https://startrack.com.au/support#misseddeliveryfaq)
- An additional $10 fee is charged to a PO Box delivery address
- The resources in this kit are intended for the participant’s individual use only
After your manikin kit has been dispatched you will receive login credentials for the theoretical online learning which is to be completed prior to 12 May.
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to email@example.com.