Tuesday 6 June
10am to 11am SA, NT | 10.30am to 11.30am VIC, NSW, ACT, TAS, QLD | 8.30am to 9.30am WA
Nurses, Care and Support Staff in Aged and Disability services
|PRESENTER:||Preventing Harm Initiative|
|LOCATION:||Online – Zoom|
Are you confident in recognising restrictive practice?
Do you know when and how to use restrictive practice safely whilst meeting legal requirements and safeguarding a person’s rights?
This course will step you through identifying restrictive practice, the legal requirements of use, monitoring outcomes to meet quality standards, and eliminate inappropriate use.
- Know what restrictive practice is and how to identify it
- Learn the 4 L’s of Restrictive Practice to ensure legal requirements are met
- Know how to use behaviour support plans to minimise the use of restrictive practice
- Gain case study practice of identifying restrictive practice use
- Know what to document when restrictive practice is used and how to monitor safety
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.