July 21 and 28 @ 1pm to 2pm SA, NT | 1.30pm to 2.30pm VIC, NSW, ACT, TAS, QLD | 11.30am to 12.30pm WA (Both Days)
This training is delivered in two short modules, ‘Understanding Hoarding and Squalor’ and ‘Responding Appropriately to Hoarding and Squalor Situations’. Each module includes a background reading package and webinar session facilitated by the trainer, Glen Sorensen.
There is a maximum of 14 participants to provide opportunities for more individual attention through smaller learning groups.
Module 1: Understanding Hoarding and Squalor
- Key definitions – Hoarding, animal hoarding, squalor
- Causes and contributing factors
- Hoarding, squalor and mental health
- Hoarding, squalor and risk management
- Relevant legislation
- Assessment Tools
Module 2: Responding Appropriately to Hoarding and Squalor Situations
- Engaging and Establishing Trusting Relationships with Clients
- Addressing Health and safety Issues
- Planning and sequencing support strategies
- Further training opportunities and resources.
About the presenter
Glen Sorensen is the Managing Director of Age Communications, the company he founded in 1988. He has worked for over 35 years in the aged care industry with all levels of government, home care and residential care providers and seniors themselves.
During his career, he has run numerous sessions for older people living in residential care or attending day centres. He regularly trains workers and volunteers on how to tap into older people’s creativity using storytelling, music and dance.
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.