November 17 and 24 @ 1pm to 2pm SA / 1.30pm to 2.30pm AEST / 12pm to 1pm NT / 12.30pm to 1.30pm QLD / 10.30am to 11.30am AWST
This training is delivered in two short modules, ‘Understanding Hoarding and Squalor’ and ‘Responding Appropriately to Hoarding and Squalor Situations’. Each module includes a background reading package and webinar session facilitated by the trainer, Glen Sorensen from Age Communications.
There is a maximum of 12 participants to provide opportunities for more individual attention through smaller learning groups.
Tuesday 17th November
Module 1: Understanding Hoarding and Squalor
- Key definitions – Hoarding, animal hoarding, squalor
- Causes and contributing factors
- Hoarding, squalor and mental health
- Hoarding, squalor and risk management
- Relevant legislation
- Assessment Tools
Tuesday 24th November
Module 2: Responding Appropriately to Hoarding and Squalor Situations
- Engaging and Establishing Trusting Relationships with Clients
- Addressing Health and safety Issues
- Planning and sequencing support strategies
- Further training opportunities and resources.
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.