Defensible Documentation For Aged Care Staff
March 5 @ 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
|AUDIENCE:||Nurses, Allied Health, Care Workers and Assistants in Nursing|
|PRESENTER:||Michele Moreau from Preventing Harm Initiative|
|LOCATION:||ACIA Training Room – Corner of North Street and Avenue Road|
What happens if your care is questioned?
Can your progress note documentation provide evidence that you did the right thing, at the right time? Or is it absent, irrelevant or incomplete? This course will introduce you to defensible documentation and give you the skills to ensure your documentation always protects you.
This training covers
- Overview defensible documentation
- The 3 rules
- Strategies to make documentation easier
- Duty of care and how to document relevant information, incidents, risks, change and “refusal of care”
- Examples and practice
This training is
- Compliant with legal requirements
- Provides examples of complaint, incident and coronial investigations to illustrate the documentation required when care is questioned
Please Note – morning tea is provided
To register online, please click the Eventbrite link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax 8338 6511.