Thursday 14 December
10am to 11am SA | 10.30am to 11.30am VIC, NSW, ACT, TAS, | 9am to 10am NT | 9.30am to 10.30am QLD | 7.30am to 8.30am WA
* The e-learning module (part 1) must be completed prior to 14/12
|AUDIENCE:||Care and Support staff who work as a buddy for new staff|
|PRESENTER:||Preventing Harm Initiative|
Combining self-paced e-learning with live online training via Zoom
Do your staff know how to be a great buddy? Are you confident that they will be able to support new staff in a way which meets your organisation’s expectations?
This course will teach staff working as buddies to provide an excellent induction to new care and support staff, improve the experience of the person receiving services and meet Quality Standards.
Part 1: eLearning (self-paced online module) – duration 30 minutes
- Understand the role and responsibility of staff who are buddies, including their scope of practice and role boundaries
- Be aware of health and safety risks and understand the importance of policies and procedures
- Orientate the new staff member to use a person’s care and support plan and documentation requirements
- Providing support, preparing for, and completing a buddy shift
Part 2: Instructor Led Training via Zoom – duration 1 hour
Strategies for helping buddies to:
- Build rapport with new staff
- Demonstrate/model good practice
- Use a team approach
- Encourage new staff
- Provide feedback in a positive way
To register online, please click the link below (charges apply) or download the PDF document, and email to email@example.com.